This is a 100% walkthrough for Chaos;Child, designed to allow readers to play through in the optimal route order while unlocking every scene, CG, music track, and tip along the way (with the exception of neutral delusion choices and incorrect map answers).
Almost anything will do for this. Answer correctly and select any delusions you wish. There is one bad ending in this chapter, triggered by making too many mistakes on a certain choice—avoid this ending until you finish the route.
You need to play the common route first in order to unlock the others. If you want to read this route again after your first playthrough, play through the game without selecting any positive delusions.
(Note: route names are omitted to avoid spoilers.)
Recommended route order is A → 2 → III → Fourth.
However, A → III → 2 → Fourth is also acceptable.
As a general rule, in order to get a certain character's route, you must select positive on all delusions involving that character.
The following instructions, for the most part, do not specify exactly which delusions are necessary to obtain any given route, but following them will still allow one to obtain said route.
Non-specific Route A
- Select all positive delusions and additional delusions, including the delusions during the route itself.
Non-specific Route 2
- Select all positive delusions and additional delusions, but do not choose positive for the delusion where Hinae and Takuru are preparing for the culture festival in Chapter 3.
- This route has a map trigger section which must be completed correctly to finish the chapter.
Non-specific Route III
- Select all negative delusions, but choose positive for the delusion that follows after leaving the hospital in Chapter 5.
- This route has two main endings. You only need one or the other to unlock the true ending, however it is recommended that you obtain both.
- To obtain the first of the two endings, select positive for all three delusions in route III.
- To obtain the second, choose positive (on the first delusion of the route, before the chapter title card appears), then negative (at Takuru’s base), then positive (at the café).
Non-specific Fourth Route
- Select all positive delusions and additional delusions, but do not choose positive for the delusion where Hinae and Takuru are preparing for the culture festival in Chapter 3, and do not choose positive for the delusion where Takuru and co. are sleeping in the clubroom before the festival, also in Chapter 3.
It will be immediately obvious how to obtain this ending once all other routes are complete…
Common Route Bad End
- In order to obtain this bad ending, select both of the incorrect options on the first mapping trigger in Chapter 4. (If you attempt to do this before finishing the common route, an incomplete version of the end is shown).
Route A Bad End
- Select negative on all of the delusions within route A. (Note: This ending is almost identical to the main ending of the route, with the exception of some scenes that are missing at the very end.)
Route 2 Bad End
- Choose any of the wrong answers during route 2’s map trigger section.
Route III Bad End 1
- Choose negative on the first delusion of route III (before the chapter title card appears).
Route III Bad End 2
- Choose negative on the third delusion in route III (at the café).
Route III Bad End 3
- Choose neutral on the third delusion in route III (at the café).
Route III Bad End 4
- In route III, choose positive (on the first delusion of the route, before the chapter title card appears), then neutral (at Takuru’s base), then positive (at the café).
The Remaining Delusions
After finishing all of this, there may be remaining delusions that have not yet been read.
- In Chapter 5, choose negative for the delusion that follows after leaving the hospital.
- In the fourth route, there is only one delusion trigger. If you have not already, select both the positive and negative options.
- There are two achievements related to the mapping triggers. One involves completing every mapping trigger in the common route without making any mistakes, and the other involves making ten mistakes in a row.
- There is an achievement for reading all the tips. Read them all (or just select them all to mark them as read) in order to receive this achievement.
- Original guide: nishijoutakumi (@MinamisawaSenri#6611 on Discord)
- Route order: ItsRigs
- Editing: Kumin, Raniel